As I walked through the hospital room door, I can barely put into words the emotion I felt. The first thing I saw was my perfectly formed, lifeless, little boy. He had been placed on a stainless steel trolley right near the door. I remember this so clearly because it made me furious. It felt so wrong for him to be there like that.
Time stood still for a moment, as I stared at him. He was perfect, he was real, he just wasn't alive. My emotions raced, from rage, to despair, to disbelief. I found it hard to control them as I looked over at my beautiful, sad wife being spoken to by the doctor and midwife that had helped her deliver our stillborn baby boy.
I can't remember all the details of that day very well. But I can remember with great clarity the words that were running through my mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment